This might be how Apple ditches the notch on its new iPhones
Samsung earlier this week teased a notch-free, all-screen Galaxy S10 by showing an intriguing A8 device featuring a display with a hole near the top. That hole would allow the selfie camera to have an unobstructed view without the need for a notch. Samsung has recently decided to launch new smartphone features on mid-range devices rather than flagships, so the company's A8 teaser isn't surprising. But Samsung isn’t the only company working on getting rid of the notch. Apple earlier this week was granted a patent that describes tech which would be used to drill holes through screens safely, thereby eliminating the need for the notch currently found on the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
BGR Top Deals:
- The wireless charger that should have come in the box with your phone is only $4.99 today
- We guarantee you’ll cook steak perfectly every time with this $69 kitchen gadget
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel star comes to the rescue with a huge ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler
- Leak says a special Galaxy S10 version will launch with mind-blowing specs
- Netflix’s ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ would have been so much better with its original ending
This might be how Apple ditches the notch on its new iPhones originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 10:43:23 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.