This is the only review of DJI’s new Mavic Air that you need
At an event today, DJI unveiled its brand-new pocket-sized drone, the Mavic Air. Folding up to about the same footprint as a big smartphone, and costing $800, it promises to be a big hit for photographers and casual drone enthusiasts.
But it also fits somewhat awkwardly into DJI's existing drone lineup. It's more expensive and has better image quality than the Spark, DJI's older pocket-sized drone, but it's also cheaper and smaller than the existing Mavic Pro. Journalists at DJI's event only had a brief opportunity to go hands-on with the new Mavic Air, but luckily for those of us stuck at home, legendary YouTuber and drone enthusiast Casey Neistat has already taken the drone to Bermuda and pitched it head-to-head against its DJI stablemates.
BGR Top Deals:
- $28 power strip has four outlets that can be controlled individually with Alexa
- This $75 all-in-one smart home solution is so small you won’t even know it’s there
Trending Right Now:
- Apple might release a cheaper 6.1-inch iPhone without the iPhone X’s killer feature
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
This is the only review of DJI’s new Mavic Air that you need originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 at 18:03:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.