This is the only iPhone X model you should buy
You might not know it, but there are two distinct models of iPhone X you can buy. No, I'm not talking about different storage sizes or colors; instead, it's two different cellular modems that distinguish the two models.
The A1865 model has a Qualcomm modem inside, and supports the networks of all four major wireless carriers in the US. That's the version you're getting if you buy a SIM-free unlocked phone directly from Apple, or if you buy the Sprint or Verizon versions.
The other model is A1901, which has an Intel modem and is sold by AT&T and T-Mobile. (There is technically a third model, A1902, but it;s only sold in Japan and is specially tuned to their cell networks there.)
BGR Top Deals:
- This $30 home security cam with 14 days of free cloud storage sells out every time we mention it
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
Trending Right Now:
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Instagram just showed Apple how to fix the iPhone X’s notch
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak