To say that 2017 has been weird would be a huge understatement. It's been a year packed with political unrest, tech gaffes and security breaches, but through it all we've been able to rely on NASA to provide some distraction — and, dare I say, relief — with new discoveries from around our Solar System and beyond. The year might be just about over, but the US space agency isn't done amazing us, and an absolutely incredible new photo taken by the Juno spacecraft should lift your spirits, if only for a moment.
The image, taken by Juno of the swirling, twisted cloud tops of Jupiter, is a seriously awesome sight. Taken at a height of nearly 12,000 miles above the planet's iconic storms, the photo is a reminder that we don't even have to leave the Solar System to see some truly awe-inspiring wonders of nature.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
Trending Right Now:
- How to watch the supermoon this weekend
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
- Astronomers spot a planet so hostile they had a hard time believing it
This incredibly gorgeous photo of Jupiter will mesmerize you originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 at 16:01:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.