DuckDuckGo is a Google search rival that safeguards your online privacy by not monetizing your profile as Google does. DuckDuckGo still makes money from online ads, but it doesn’t use your search history and online activities to target you with highly specific advertisements.
Even if you use DuckDuckGo as your preferred search engine, that doesn’t mean that other sites do not attempt to track you. Going forward, DuckDuckGo plans to protect you against these sort of trackers as well, with the help of a new app and a browser extension.
BGR Top Deals:
- $28 power strip has four outlets that can be controlled individually with Alexa
- This $75 all-in-one smart home solution is so small you won’t even know it’s there
Trending Right Now:
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- Scientists discover how deadly centipede toxin tricks the heart into stopping cold
- Apple might release a cheaper 6.1-inch iPhone without the iPhone X’s killer feature
This Google search alternative now stops websites from tracking you online originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 24 Jan 2018 at 01:00:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.