This best-selling device lets you control any garage door using your smartphone
One comes across a whole lot of smart home devices in our line of work. There’s a connected version of just about anything you can possibly think of, and PR companies pitch us on all of it. Of all the stuff we’ve seen though, the Chamberlain MYQ-G0301 Smart Garage Hub has to be one of the coolest. This little gadget installs in your garage in just a few minutes and it lets you open and close your garage right from your smartphone. Even cooler than that is IFTTT integration, which means you can set it to interact with just about any other smart gadgets in your house. For example, I have mine set to turn on the Philips Hue lights in my kitchen and hallway when I get home and open the garage door. It’s awesome!
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Easily add smartphone control to your existing garage door opener so you can open and close your garage door from anywhere.
- Set up customized notification and alerts so you know when you garage door opens or closes in real time – great for busy families who come and go from the house through the garage.
- Core features such as opening, closing, and receiving garage door status notifications are INCLUDED with MyQ app.
- Compatible with most brands of garage door Openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors.
- Linking your MyQ account to Google Assistant and IFTTT requires a $1 monthly or $10 annual subscription fee. Easy to install in the garage (2.4 Gigahertz Wi-Fi signal required).
BGR Top Deals:
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
- If you upgraded from an older model to an iPhone X or 8, you’ll want this $13 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices
- Astronomers just spotted a new ‘Super Earth’ planet that feels a whole lot like home
- The full list of 34 new Netflix original shows and movies debuting in December
This best-selling device lets you control any garage door using your smartphone originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 21:01:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.