This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
There’s something so liberating about cutting the cord. Of course, there’s also something so aggravating about losing your DVR when you switch from cable TV to an OTA antenna that delivers network TV in crystal clear 1080p HD for free. Want your DVR back? All it takes is one little $27 box. The Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB DVR for OTA TV lets you record live television or you can schedule your recordings just like a normal DVR from your cable company. It costs less than $30, so you really can’t go wrong.
Here are some notes from the product page:
- Receive Over-The-Air Digital Broadcast to your Analog and Digital TV, Projector, and Computer Monitor. Antenna Out Analog Pass Through, Favorite Channel List, Parental Control Function,USB Multimedia Player Function.
- Auto Tuning, HDMI 1080P Output / Composite Out / Coaxial Output, Closed Caption,Real-Time recording & Programmed Time Recording, Auto, 16:9 Pillar Box, 16:9 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Full, 16:9 Wide Screen. Timing Start Up & Shut Down.
- Recording require user to connect a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 2.5" / 3.5" External Hard Drive via USB (Up to 2TB). (USB Flash Drive not recommended)
- **PLEASE NOTE**:This converter box is designed to receive Over-The-Air signal, and it is not a replacement of cable box. External Antenna is required to connect to this converter box in order to receive signal. This product does NOT Work with TIVO and cable company such as Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Time Warner Cable, etc. In general, this product does NOT work with encrypted cable signal
Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB 3 / 4 Channel HDTV Digital Converter…: Price too low to display
It’s important to remember that you’ll need to connect a flash drive or an external hard drive to this box since it doesn’t have an internal drive. If you need one, here’s a 1TB model for just $52:
BGR Top Deals:
- This $42 wireless keyboard never needs to be recharged
- Today’s best deals: $19 Bluetooth earbuds, $23 Alexa smart bulb, nightlights, Logitech Harmony, more
Trending Right Now:
- Sony unveils three new phones at CES, including the Xperia XA2 Ultra with dual front-facing cameras
- Samsung introduces the future of displays: A 146-inch MicroLED TV that fills an entire wall
- LG just announced a 65-inch OLED TV that rolls up like a piece of paper
This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 09:55:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.