When they were first unveiled in 2016, Snapchat's Spectacles appeared to be a hit. Customers flocked to Spectacles vending machines everywhere all around the world, often lining up around the block to get their hands on an a pair of glasses that could record short clips and upload them to Snapchat. Then in February, Snapchat finally began selling Spectacles online from its website, at which point it became very clear that there wasn't a market for them.
But despite Snapchat's failure, another company has decided to give the smart sunglasses market a second chance. Ahead of CES 2018, electric skateboard company Acton has unveiled a new product called ACE Eyewear, which are sunglasses capable of recording HD video, capturing photos and live streaming to social media.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- The AirPods accessory everyone should have is only $12 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists are developing self-healing robot muscles that work just like our own
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- You definitely shouldn’t eat romaine lettuce for a while, unless you want E. coli
These live streaming sunglasses can upload video straight to Facebook or YouTube originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 at 14:41:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.