These creepy new fish species from the bottom of the ocean will give you nightmares
Most of the Earth is covered in oceans, and yet scientists actually know fairly little about the creatures that live at the most extreme depths. As past research efforts have shown, incredibly deep ocean trenches are often the habitat of some seriously bizarre creatures, and a recent expedition by Newcastle University has continued that tradition.
Using a baited camera system, the researchers sent a bit of food down to the floor of the Atacama Trench and waited. What they saw wasn't just weird, it was also entirely new, adding a trio of never-before-documented species to the books.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s one reason this $80 smartwatch is way more impressive than the new Apple Watches about to launch
- Today’s best deals: $24 Bluetooth headphones, $25 Fire TV Stick, Instant Pot, Samsung Chromebook, more
Trending Right Now:
- It sounds more and more like Apple has finally fixed the MacBook
- A major Game of Thrones Season 8 plot detail just leaked thanks to a lawsuit
- Galaxy S10 tipped to have sophisticated tech you won’t find in any rivals
These creepy new fish species from the bottom of the ocean will give you nightmares originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 10:09:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.