There’s something wrong with the Hubble Space Telescope
NASA's Hubble Space Telescope is one of the most reliable pieces of hardware ever launched into Earth orbit. It's been peering into the depths of space for nearly three decades now, and while it's had a few hiccups in the past, it's always managed to push through them and continue providing humanity with amazing observations.
Unfortunately for NASA engineers, the telescope has begun acting, well, odd. After rumors of mission downtime began circulating on Twitter, Dr. Rachel Osten of the Hubble team confirmed that something is wrong with the telescope's gyroscopes, which it uses for orientation.
BGR Top Deals:
- Protect your $1,000+ iPhone XS or XS Max with an ultra-thin case made of real body armor
- Amazon’s big Philips Hue sale slashes 20%-33% off all the most popular smart LED lights
Trending Right Now:
- The Netflix vs. Amazon Prime Video war is making piracy cool again
- Walmart also sold the new Chromecast before Google’s Pixel 3 event
- Google’s Pixel Slate tablet appears to leak in full ahead of Tuesday’s Pixel 3 event
There’s something wrong with the Hubble Space Telescope originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 10:28:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.