There may be a volcano forming under New England, scientists warn
If you're looking for a volcano there's a number of places you'd probably check first, like Hawaii or even Yellowstone National Park, but new data suggests you might want to turn your attention to the northeastern United States. Researchers from Rutgers University just revealed that a large swelling of hot rock is bubbling up under New England, and it may be the first hints that a new volcano is forming under our feet.
The findings are incredibly interesting for a number of reasons, not least of which because the east coast of the United States isn't exactly a hotbed of potentially dangerous geological activity. Despite that, the data is undeniable, and it seems as though there is definitely something rising up from deep within the Earth in the region.
BGR Top Deals:
- The wireless speakers that replaced my sound bar dropped to their lowest price ever
- Today’s top deals: Big Netgear Arlo sale, Bose soundbar, Hue LightStrip, splashproof speaker, more
Trending Right Now:
- Latest leak appears to confirm Samsung’s new Galaxy S9 design
- Samsung just launched a budget phone that brings good news for the Galaxy S9
- Cable prices are soaring as millions of customers jump ship
There may be a volcano forming under New England, scientists warn originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 19 Dec 2017 at 12:12:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.