The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission has filed federal civil enforcement lawsuits against three virtual currency operators. The list of charges is extensive, and includes fraud, misrepresentation, and misappropriation in connection with trading Bitcoin.
The suit against one of the operators is sealed and not public, but the CFTC issued press releases detailing the action against the other two operators, CabbageTech (also known as Coin Drop Markets) and The Entrepreneurs Headquarters. The fact that three cryptocurrency companies are being sued, out of the hundreds that have sprung up overnight, isn't exactly surprising, but the details of the case show exactly how ripe Bitcoin is for scams right now.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
- $26 device uses your phone to beam holographic navigation onto your car’s dash
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9’s main specs detailed in extensive new report
- Watch a rocket booster nearly destroy a Chinese village when it falls to Earth and explodes
- iPhone X may be discontinued this year
The US government is charging three bitcoin companies with fraud originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 18:47:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.