Tesla last week finally unveiled its long-rumored semi truck, an electric-powered monster that features 500 miles of range on a single charge and, according to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, will be far more economical than a standard diesel truck right from the start. As far as specs are concerned, Tesla boasts that its semi-truck can go from 0-60 MPH in five seconds flat. What's more, the Tesla Semi, when hauling 80,000 pounds, can go from 0-60 MPH in 20 seconds.
By way of contrast, your standard diesel truck needs 15 seconds to go from 0-60 MPH and a full minute to go from 0-60 MPH while attached to an 80,000 pound load.
BGR Top Deals:
- This is the best home security camera system. Period.
- This little Alexa speaker is basically an Echo Dot, and it’s $20 today only
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung accidentally confirmed it’s making a Galaxy X
- The best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop online right now: Walmart, Best Buy, more
- World’s first manmade meteor shower is actually going to happen, and now we know when
The Tesla Semi acceleration sounds like it’s straight from the future originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 at 21:02:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.