The Spotify vs Apple Music war is heating up, and Nicki Minaj thinks she was caught in the crossfire
Spotify didn't waste time in responding to a hot take from Nicki Minaj over her new album Queen only debuting at number two on the Billboard 200 chart. In a series of tweets, Nicki had blasted Spotify for retaliating against her and not giving Queen what she thought was a big enough push after she participated in some special publicity for the record via Apple Music, which included a themed radio show on Apple's Beats 1 radio.
Nicki claimed in a tweet that Spotify "took away my promotion they had promised for the 1st cpl days b/c of this. #Queen." And then this, in another tweet from the star: "My label didn’t want to defend me for fear of Spotify trying to teach Ariana a 'lesson' too!"
BGR Top Deals:
- You can get a 4K Fire TV for the price of a Fire TV Stick today
- Before you buy a $500 Apple Watch, check out this $80 smartwatch with 30-day battery life
Trending Right Now:
- More evidence that ‘Avengers 4’ will resurrect the heroes who died in ‘Infinity War’
- Dark Sky is one of the most popular weather apps, and it just got a major overhaul
- Netflix just deleted all user reviews, but there’s already a better way to get recommendations
The Spotify vs Apple Music war is heating up, and Nicki Minaj thinks she was caught in the crossfire originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 20:59:45 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.