The processor that will power the Galaxy S9 and Pixel 3 was just revealed
On stage at an event in Hawaii, Qualcomm just surprised nobody by taking the wraps off its Next Big Thing. Snapdragon 845 is the latest model in Qualcomm's long line of Snapdragon system-on-chips, and it's a lock to be the engine powering all of 2018's Android flagships.
The Snapdragon 845 is (wait for it!) a direct successor to the Snapdragon 835, which can be found lingering inside devices like the Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 8, Pixel 2, and Moto Z2 Force. As we've come to expect, it will bring improvements in power, efficiency, and niche areas like image processing to next year's best smartphones.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
- This $30 home security cam with 14 days of free cloud storage sells out every time we mention it
Trending Right Now:
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Consumer Reports ranks the iPhone X behind the iPhone 8 and Galaxy S7
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak
The processor that will power the Galaxy S9 and Pixel 3 was just revealed originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 15:38:29 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.