The Pentagon is going to spend $2 billion on AI because things are getting serious now
If North Korea's dear leader wakes up tomorrow, takes a crazy pill and decides to lob a nuclear missile at the U.S. mainland, there's a good chance the military will be relying on artificial intelligence to protect us.
Reuters reported earlier this summer on the existence of a secretive military effort -- actually, of multiple classified programs in various stages that are all focused on the development of AI-reliant systems to help us anticipate the launch of a missile, as well as to track launchers. In North Korea and, of course, beyond.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise sale slashes the Fire TV Stick to just $25 for Prime members
- One of the coolest dash cams we’ve ever seen usually costs $110, but it’s on sale for $44
Trending Right Now:
- Best Buy slashes Apple Watch Series 3 prices by $300 for one day only
- ‘Avengers 4’ will bring back another beloved hero from the ashes of ‘Infinity War’
- NASA’s Curiosity rover just snapped a stunning 360-degree panorama of Mars
The Pentagon is going to spend $2 billion on AI because things are getting serious now originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 23:34:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.