The Parker Solar Probe is now the fastest thing mankind has ever built
The Parker Solar Probe is having one heck of a week. It was only yesterday that NASA announced its do-it-all star-studying machine has gotten closer to the Sun than any spacecraft before it, and now the probe has broken another record.
According to Guinness World Records, the probe is now the fastest manmade object ever. It reached a speed of 155,959 miles per hour, relative to the position of the Sun. That might sound like an incredible feat, and I suppose it is, but it's only just a hair faster than the previous world record set by the Helios 2 probe that hit a speed of 153,453 miles per hour back in 1976.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $30 Alexa ready LED light strip is a great alternative to the $90 Philip Hue version
- Amazon has a $26 home security camera that’s better than a $199 Nest Cam
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung and Huawei both just lost the race to unveil the first phone with a foldable screen
- New details leak about the first ‘Avengers 4’ trailer
- Walmart’s early Black Friday deals are now live
The Parker Solar Probe is now the fastest thing mankind has ever built originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 31 Oct 2018 at 19:06:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.