Late last week, Apple announced that it was delaying the release of the HomePod, the company's Siri-based smart speaker that was initially slated to launch in December. Apple didn't give a specific reason for the delay, only stating that it needs "a little more time before it's ready for our customers." In turn, Apple said that we can expect the HomePod -- which promises to deliver a premium acoustic experience -- to launch sometime in early 2018.
The HomePod delay is unfortunate, especially given that early impressions of the device at WWDC this past June were overwhelmingly positive, if not downright enthusiastic. In the wake of Apple pushing back the HomePod launch, some folks seized upon the opportunity to, surprise surprise, trot out the oft-repeated and tired narrative that Apple is not the unique beacon of innovation and operational wizardry that it once was.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s huge Black Friday Bose sale is already going strong
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
Trending Right Now:
- The unthinkable happened: New Android phone crushes iPhone X in speed test
- Exclusive: Renders reveal Samsung’s new Galaxy S9 design
- The best Black Friday smartphone deals from Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint
The outrage over Apple’s HomePod delay is way over the top originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 at 22:03:26 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.