One of the more interesting controversies in the smartphone industry last year was the decision by OnePlus to launch an updated version of the OnePlus 5 just six months after its initial release. The OnePlus 5T isn't a dramatic upgrade, but with its sleeker, all-screen design, some of the company's loyal early adopters were understandably disappointed that they had opted for the OnePlus 5 before they knew a better version would be right around the corner.
Unfortunately, there's no way for OnePlus to swap out the front panel of everyone's OnePlus 5 with that of a OnePlus 5T, but the good news it that OnePlus 5 owners are getting one of the 5T's exclusive features. On Sunday, OnePlus rolled out a new OxygenOS beta that brings Face Unlock functionality to the original OnePlus 5.
BGR Top Deals:
- Anyone who upgraded from an old iPhone to a new iPhone X or 8 should have this $13 accessory
- Amazon’s Fitbit Ionic discount will help you keep your New Year’s resolutions
Trending Right Now:
- How to take advantage of Apple’s $29 iPhone battery replacement program right now
- Brand new Galaxy S9 renders show the same ‘boring’ design
- Samsung acknowledges Galaxy Note 8 battery problems, says very few phones are affected
The OnePlus 5T’s Face ID rival was just added to the OnePlus’s previous-gen phone originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 1 Jan 2018 at 20:03:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.