The most recent Facebook hack is way worse than you probably realize
Carolyn Everson, Facebook's vice president of global marketing solutions, was as ominous as she could be during an Advertising Week panel today in describing whoever recently hacked Facebook to potentially gain control of tens of millions of user accounts.
First, she said, it was an attack that required the hacker or hackers "to understand three different bugs." In terms of whoever actually pulled it off, she went on to compare them to an "odorless, weightless intruder" that wormed into the company's systems which Facebook could only detect "once they made a certain move."
BGR Top Deals:
- Cable companies are furious that we’re telling everyone about this $50 box
- The Solo 5 is a Bose sound bar you can actually afford
Trending Right Now:
- HP just launched a laptop that’s made of leather
- Add a gigabit Ethernet port to any room in 5 seconds with this $50 device
- Yet another Marvel star confirms her character survived ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
The most recent Facebook hack is way worse than you probably realize originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 20:00:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.