The massive US ban on ZTE will hurt Android the most
On Monday morning, the US Department of Commerce hit Chinese phone-maker ZTE with a seven-year ban on any American technology. Under the terms of the ban, which results from a sanctions violation last year, American companies will be banned from selling hardware or software to ZTE.
That's obviously a blow to ZTE, but cutting off major US companies like Qualcomm from one of the world's largest smartphone manufacturers will hurt the entire Android ecosystem just as much as it hurts ZTE.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise! Amazon’s two best devices ever were both just discounted at the same time
- The hot new Fitbit Versa smartwatch with 4-day battery life just launched on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Facebook tracks you even if you’re not a user, and you can’t really do anything about it
- It looks like MoviePass just ruined its unlimited subscription service
- I have little hope that the Pixel 3 will be anything but an iPhone X clone
The massive US ban on ZTE will hurt Android the most originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 at 18:21:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.