The Mars Opportunity rover might be busted even if it wakes back up
In case you haven't been keeping track of the plight of NASA's Opportunity rover, I'll get you caught back up: A dust storm covered Mars, the rover fell asleep, and now it won't wake back up. The rover's team of engineers is worried that it might never wake back up — and it's playing inspirational songs for it in the meantime — but even if it does the rover might never be the same.
In a new blog post, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory offers a brief update on the status of the rover before examining the best- and worst-case scenarios. Spoiler: Some of it is kind of sad.
BGR Top Deals:
- The rare Amazon sale on Bose’s best noise cancelling wireless headphones is still going on
- One of Crock-Pot’s most popular slow cookers is somehow on sale for under $20
Trending Right Now:
- NASA finally figured out what this ‘foreign object’ on Mars actually is
- New ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler tells us how the ‘Infinity War’ deaths will be undone
- Behold: The foldable Samsung Galaxy F of your dreams
The Mars Opportunity rover might be busted even if it wakes back up originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 21:32:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.