The latest macOS update doesn’t quite fix the macOS root login bug
Earlier this week, a security researcher discovered a gaping flaw in macOS High Sierra, which allowed anyone to walk up to a Mac and gain complete access to the machine in seconds with no technical skill. Apple patched the flaw as quickly as you'd imagine, but according to a report from Wired, even the update to patch the flaw is, well, flawed.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
Trending Right Now:
- Apple may release a new 9.7-inch iPad for less than $300
- This incredibly gorgeous photo of Jupiter will mesmerize you
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
The latest macOS update doesn’t quite fix the macOS root login bug originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 at 21:34:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.