The iPhone XR could be far more important to Apple than we realized
For years, China has been a puzzle that Apple could never quite solve, but at least one analyst seems to believe that the iPhone XR could be the key. In a recent report, Ming-Chi Kuo claimed that most domestic phone makers in China saw sales drop year-over-year during Golden Week (a national holiday taking place in the first week of October). Kuo believes that a lack of innovation is partially to blame, but that the iPhone XR may play a role as well.
In his report, Kuo predicts that while the rest of the market suffers, demand for Apple's more affordable iPhone XR in China at launch will top the region's demand for the iPhone 8 series over the same stretch last year.
BGR Top Deals:
- The Instant Pot with 23,000 5-star reviews was just discounted again on Amazon
- Amazon sale slashes $55 noise cancelling headphones to just $43
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung is already trolling the Pixel 3 XL’s ugly notch
- New leak may reveal Apple’s completely overhauled iPad Pro design ahead of launch
- Catch-and-release fishing might actually be doing more harm than good
The iPhone XR could be far more important to Apple than we realized originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 14:03:34 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.