Samsung a few weeks ago announced that it’s ready to mass-produce 512GB storage modules for smartphones. The announcement came right in time for the Galaxy S9 launch, so we naturally assumed that Samsung is toying with the idea of launching a 512GB Galaxy S9 flavor this year.
If that ends up being the case, Samsung will be the first company in the world to sell devices with 512GB of built-in memory. Better yet, Samsung’s Galaxy S9+ may be the first smartphone in the world to offer users almost a terabyte of local storage.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $42 wireless keyboard never needs to be recharged
- Amazon sale gets you a Pyle robot vacuum for just $85
Trending Right Now:
- Sony unveils three new phones at CES, including the Xperia XA2 Ultra with dual front-facing cameras
- Samsung introduces the future of displays: A 146-inch MicroLED TV that fills an entire wall
- LG just announced a 65-inch OLED TV that rolls up like a piece of paper
The Galaxy S9+ might support almost 1TB of local storage originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 08:44:26 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.