The first public beta of iOS 12 is available to download right now
Breaking with its hallowed 1PM ET release schedule, Apple has just pushed the first public beta of iOS 12 live. That means anyone without a developer account (or the wherewithal to Google a developer profile from a mirror site) can now download the beta version of iOS 12 by clicking on this link right here.
The beauty of the public beta is that anyone can enroll for free and download the public beta profile, whereas in theory, accessing the developer beta requires a $99 per year developer account. The public beta also lags behind the developer beta release schedule a little, so you're less likely to encounter crippling bugs. That said, of course, only download the iOS 12 public beta to a device you're not using every day, since there's still more bugs than we can count. Anecdotal reports from forums already indicate that there’s problems with sending SMS texts and GPS location on some devices, in addition to the usual complaints about battery life.
BGR Top Deals:
- The hot new 50-inch 4K Fire TV that costs just $399.99 is now available on Amazon
- Get the wireless charger that should’ve come with your phone for $13
Trending Right Now:
- The feature everyone wanted on the iPhone X is coming to Samsung’s Galaxy S10
- Mysterious and exciting new Galaxy Note 9 features tipped by top leaker
- AI bots from a lab backed by Elon Musk trained for thousands of lifetimes to beat humans at Dota 2
The first public beta of iOS 12 is available to download right now originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 17:22:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.