The Department of Justice has filed a suit to prevent the AT&T/Time Warner merger from going through, AT&T confirmed in a press release issued today.
"Today's DOJ lawsuit is a radical and inexplicable departure from decades of antitrust precedent," said David McAtee, senior executive vice president and general counsel of AT&T, in a statement. "Vertical mergers like this one are routinely approved because they benefit consumers without removing any competitor from the market. We see no legitimate reason for our merger to be treated differently."
BGR Top Deals:
- This is one of Black Friday 2017’s best TV deals, and it’s already available now
- This little Alexa speaker is basically an Echo Dot, and it’s $20 today only
Trending Right Now:
- The best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop online right now: Walmart, Best Buy, more
- Best Black Friday deals on Apple gear: iPhone, MacBooks, iPads, Beats and more
- The next iPhone X might finally do something no iPhone has ever done before
The Department of Justice is suing to stop the AT&T/Time Warner merger originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 at 16:44:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.