2017 has seen plenty of trends, but one that seems to actually be sticking is the smart home. I'm not talking about Wi-Fi-connected kettles or Bluetooth water bottles; those are dumb, but believe it or not, there's a handful of smart home devices that are actually good.
Unfortunately for avocado-eating millenials, the bulk of smart home devices still require some kind of modification your landlord won't be wild about. A door lock with no key might jazz up your walk-up, but it probably violates about 20 rules in your lease. The same thing goes for doorbells that need wiring, showerheads that require holes in the wall, or speaker systems with miles of wire running everywhere.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s All-New Fire TV and Fire TV Stick were just discounted for the last time in 2017
- This portable home theater is like nothing you’ve seen before, and it’s never been cheaper
Trending Right Now:
- Verizon hits back at T-Mobile over 5G claims
- Black Friday is over, but that won’t stop Sam’s Club from having another sale
- If Samsung’s foldable Galaxy X phone looks like this, it’s doomed
The best smart home gadgets for apartment dwellers originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 10 Dec 2017 at 13:32:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.