At an event in Hawaii today, Qualcomm and Microsoft revealed that the popular Snapdragon line of processors -- which run every flagship Android smartphone you've ever heard of -- is coming to PCs. This is a huge deal for a number of geeky tech reasons, but there's one huge takeaway for anyone who uses a PC: Battery life is about to get ridiculous.
The architecture of Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors is fundamentally much more efficient than the x86 and x64 processor architectures that have traditionally powered Windows devices. We're talking 20 hours of battery life, rather than 8; devices that turn on as fast as an iPad, rather than taking 20 seconds to resume from sleep; and always-on LTE connectivity that doesn't drain your battery life.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
- Double the battery life on your Nintendo Switch with this awesome accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak
- 9 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
The best Android processors are coming to Windows PCs, and it could change laptops forever originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 14:23:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.