The Apple Watch Series 3 helped Apple dominate the wearables market last quarter
Apple's introduction of the Apple Watch Series 3 this past September marked a huge turning point for the company's venerable smartwatch. Thanks to the inclusion of built-in cellular connectivity, the Apple Watch for the first time was able to fully live and breathe without having to be continuously tethered to an iPhone.
Coupled with beefed up internals, not to mention a wider array of watch bands, it's no surprise that the Apple Watch Series 3 was an immediate hit. And though Apple still refuses to divulge specific sales information, Tim Cook during Apple's recent earnings report boasted that Apple Watch sales during the 2017 holiday quarter were record-breaking.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon just acquired Ring, but this $60 video doorbell is just as good as Ring’s $200 model
- Get this $12 accessory and your Fire TV Stick or Roku Stick will never slow down and buffer again
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s everything that Samsung changed with Android 8.0 Oreo on the Galaxy S8
- Forget the Galaxy S9, Samsung might make you an offer you can’t refuse on a different phone
- More than 50 original Netflix shows and movies will debut in March – here’s the full list
The Apple Watch Series 3 helped Apple dominate the wearables market last quarter originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 1 Mar 2018 at 22:02:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.