The $27 Mediasonic Homeworx is the cheapest way to record live TV without paying for cable
How happy were you the day you cancelled your cable TV or satellite TV contract and cut the cord? If we had to wager a guess, we’d say very, very, very happy. Well, prepare to be that happy again because the Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB 3 / 4 Channel HDTV Digital Converter Box with Recording and Media Player is going to be the best thing that’s happened to you since that day you cut the cord. You’ll get all the DVR functionality back that you’ve been missing and it’ll only cost you $27. You really can’t go wrong.
- Receive Over-The-Air Digital Broadcast to your Analog and Digital TV, Projector, and Computer Monitor. Antenna Out Analog Pass Through, Favorite Channel List, Parental Control Function,USB Multimedia Player Function.
- Auto Tuning, HDMI 1080P Output / Composite Out / Coaxial Output, Closed Caption,Real-Time recording & Programmed Time Recording, Auto, 16:9 Pillar Box, 16:9 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Full, 16:9 Wide Screen. Timing Start Up & Shut Down.
- Recording require user to connect a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 2.5" / 3.5" External Hard Drive via USB (Up to 2TB). (USB Flash Drive not recommended). Audio / Video format support- Photo- JPEG, BMP, PNG, Music- mp3, aac, mp4. Video- avi, mpg, dat, vob, mkv, mjpeg (may not work with some video & audio codec format)
- This converter box is designed to receive Over-The-Air signal, and it is not a replacement of cable box. External Antenna is required to connect to this converter box in order to receive signal. This product does NOT Work with TIVO and cable company such as Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Time Warner Cable, etc. In general, this product does NOT work with encrypted cable signal
It’s important to note that this box doesn’t have any integrated storage, which shouldn’t be much of a surprise at $27. If you don’t already have an available flash drive or an external hard drive, we’ve got you covered below.
BGR Top Deals:
- Brilliant adapter makes your wired Bose noise cancelling headphones wireless
- Dyson’s $400 Air Multiplier fan is on sale for $150 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- New report reveals even more freaky details about the UFO that shocked the US Navy
- Best Buy is slashing $300 off the Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 8
- Apple sent hundreds of engineers to Display Week to try and find the next notch
The $27 Mediasonic Homeworx is the cheapest way to record live TV without paying for cable originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 26 May 2018 at 10:37:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.