That Apple wireless AirPod charging case is delayed, so Huawei is making one instead
One of the minor new products that we were expecting to see at Apple's fall iPhone event last week was a new wireless charging case for Apple's signature AirPods. Given that Apple is favoring wireless charging on all its new mobile accessories, a wireless charging case for the AirPods -- that is, a case that can be recharged wirelessly -- seems like a very logical product.
Unfortunately, wireless charging is a sore spot for Apple right now. The AirPower wireless charger, which it unveiled last fall alongside the iPhone X, is still nowhere to be seen, and the company has been scrubbing references to it from its website. Basically, if you want a new wireless charging thing right now, you're going to need to go somewhere other than Apple -- and Huawei wants to be that somewhere.
BGR Top Deals:
- I can’t even use my AirPods anymore without this $12 accessory
- Today’s best deals: $20 Bluetooth headphones, $40 4K Fire TV, $40 off Kindle Paperwhite, air fryer, more
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung accidentally leaked four different versions of the Galaxy S10
- iOS 12 is so good on older iPhones that people are rethinking their iPhone XS upgrades
- Leaked OnePlus 6T image suggests one of the rumors floating around was wrong
That Apple wireless AirPod charging case is delayed, so Huawei is making one instead originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 20:00:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.