Tesla’s Model 3 is the safest car on the planet according to the NHTSA
For as much as Tesla likes to make a big deal about how fast its cars are, it's easy to forget that Tesla vehicles are some of the safest cars on the planet. In light of that, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Tesla's Model 3 recently received a perfect 5-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Indeed, the Model 3 received 5 stars across every tested category, including side crash, frontal crash, and rollover scenarios.
Still, there's no denying that every accident involving Tesla tends to be front-page news, a dynamic which Tesla CEO Elon Musk naturally abhors. "It’s super messed up that a Tesla crash resulting in a broken ankle is front page news and the ~40,000 people who died in US auto accidents alone in past year get almost no coverage," Musk quipped via Twitter a few months back.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nest’s Learning Thermostat is down to its lowest price since Prime Day
- Protect your $1,000+ iPhone XS or XS Max with an ultra-thin case made of real body armor
Trending Right Now:
- Google teases a surprise coming in the Pixel 3 XL launch tomorrow
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 launch gave California residents another scare
- 5 paid iPhone apps you can download for free on October 8th
Tesla’s Model 3 is the safest car on the planet according to the NHTSA originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 17:33:12 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.