Tesla reveals pricing for the Tesla Semi and it’s surprisingly competitive
Tesla recently updated its website and revealed how much the company's new Tesla Semi will cost prospective buyers, noting that a version with 300 miles of range will start at $150,000 with a 500 mille model starting at $200,000. Of course, the cash-strapped company is also offering a limited-edition Founders Series model that will cost $200,000. Notably, the figures above are "expected prices" which is to say that they may be subject to change later on down the line.
That notwithstanding, the Tesla Semi is competitively priced given that a standard semi-truck can cost anywhere from $100,000 to $150,000. That aside, the main allure of the Tesla Semi is Tesla's claim that it will be more economical than your typical diesel truck on day one.
BGR Top Deals:
- Upgrade your home Wi-Fi to handle all the new gadgets you just bought during Black Friday sales
- 10 of Amazon’s best-selling Black Friday deals are still available today
Trending Right Now:
- NASA’s new titanium tires can never get a flat
- Massive mile-wide asteroid will pass Earth in just a few weeks, but its next visit will be much closer
- Bird gets lost at sea, accidentally spawns an entire new species on a remote island
Tesla reveals pricing for the Tesla Semi and it’s surprisingly competitive originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 26 Nov 2017 at 13:45:23 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.