Tesla on Autopilot accelerated into fire truck at 60mph but at least the driver only broke his ankle
Earlier this month, a Tesla in Utah crashed into a stopped fire truck at 60mph. The story got plenty of attention from the media, which prompted billionaire Tesla CEO Elon Musk to have a meltdown on Twitter about biased reporting.
Today, the Associated Press obtained document on the Utah crash from local police which appear to show that the vehicle was under the control of Autopilot at the time, and accelerated for a few seconds before the crash. The driver hit the brakes manually a moment before the impact.
BGR Top Deals:
- 3rd-gen Nest Thermostat is only $150 on Amazon, but it’s almost sold out
- Amazon sale slashes $40 off the soda can-sized portable home theater everyone loves
Trending Right Now:
- Amazon might have a serious Alexa problem on its hands
- These were the only birds that survived the dinosaur-killing asteroid
- NASA’s ‘impossible’ fuel-free engine actually is impossible after all
Tesla on Autopilot accelerated into fire truck at 60mph but at least the driver only broke his ankle originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 25 May 2018 at 15:53:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.