Truth be told, it's not terribly surprising that Tesla's production timeline with respect to the Model 3 is way behind schedule. Tesla, after all, has consistently missed production deadlines going all the way back to the Roadster. In fact, every vehicle Tesla has ever released has experienced production delays. And though the easier-to-manufacture Model 3 was supposed to be the exception to the rule, the reality is that Tesla is still struggling to get a handle on Model 3 production.
During Tesla's recent third quarter, the company indicated that it's only managed to produce 260 Model 3 units, a far cry from Elon Musk's early and boastful projection of 1,500 units.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s huge Black Friday Bose sale is already going strong
- Nest’s big Black Friday sale just kicked off on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- 34 new Netflix original shows and movies will debut in December – here’s the full list
- The best Black Friday smartphone deals from Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint
- Best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop right now: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, more
Tesla Model 3 deliveries for early reservation holders are set for December originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 at 16:04:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.