Tesla just made the Model 3 cheaper, despite burning record amounts of cash
Tesla is currently in one of those make-or-break years, a time that will be represented in the eventual Musk biopic by tense music overtop of slow images of downwards-trending graphs. Tesla is burning "more than $7,430 every minute," according to a Bloomberg analysis, and will run out of money in 2018 if it doesn't start turning a profit.
Turning a profit relies entirely on getting Model 3 cars out the door as quickly as possible, something that the company has been struggling with lately. But in a slightly odd move for a manufacturer that's finding it challenging to ramp up production on schedule, Tesla has reduced the base price of the Model 3 performance version and made more of its features optional extras.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Casper mattresses, $15 Wi-Fi router, miracle egg cooker, $13 wireless charger, more
- Amazon’s one-day Casper mattress sale brings deeper discounts than Casper ever has
Trending Right Now:
- The biggest reason you should install iOS 12 public beta on your iPhone
- Verizon’s new MVNO keeps insisting it’s not an MVNO
- We finally know how Disney chose which Avengers to kill in Infinity War
Tesla just made the Model 3 cheaper, despite burning record amounts of cash originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 28 Jun 2018 at 08:49:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.