Tesla in talks with an AI startup with incredibly advanced self-driving technology
In late 2016, Elon Musk promised that a Tesla vehicle equipped with the company's Autopilot feature would soon be able to drive itself all the way from California to New York. And in typical Musk fashion, the Tesla CEO boasted that it would all transpire before 2018.
"I feel pretty good about this goal," Musk said at the time. "Our goal is, we'll be able to do a demonstration guide of full autonomy all the way from LA to New York. So basically from home in LA to Times Square in New York. And then the car will go park itself."
BGR Top Deals:
- This cordless vacuum is just as good as a Dyson, and it’s only $99 today on Amazon
- This $17 Bluetooth tracker has the one feature everyone wishes was in the Tile Mate
Trending Right Now:
- T-Mobile’s parent company just out-Uncarriered the Uncarrier by letting users nix bloatware
- Sony is giving PS3 owners a $65 settlement – here’s how to get yours
- The future of cord-cutting looks grim right now
Tesla in talks with an AI startup with incredibly advanced self-driving technology originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Mar 2018 at 22:02:12 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.