Tesla confirms that Model 3 production hit its ambitious target last quarter
Now that the drama between Elon Musk and the SEC is firmly behind us, it's as good a time as any to focus on how Tesla's production numbers have increased dramatically over the last few weeks. Following word that Tesla was on track to meet its Model 3 production numbers for the September quarter, the electric automaker on Tuesday confirmed that it manufactured a record number of vehicles over the last three-month period.
Specifically, Tesla during the September quarter said that it manufactured 80,142 vehicles. Breaking things down further, Tesla during the recent quarter manufactured 53,239 Model 3 vehicles. To put that figure into context, Tesla notes that the figure is nearly double the Model 3 production figures the company saw during the recent June quarter. Meanwhile, Model S and Model X production checked in at 26,903 units, a figure which was just a tad higher than the previous quarter.
BGR Top Deals:
- This Alexa enabled smart lock is basically a work of art
- Cable companies are furious that we’re telling everyone about this $50 box
Trending Right Now:
- The specs of the Galaxy S10’s triple camera were just leaked
- Google’s new video teaser for Pixel 3 confirms ‘Active Edge’ display will return
- Netflix will debut 60 original shows and movies in October – this is the complete list
Tesla confirms that Model 3 production hit its ambitious target last quarter originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 22:30:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.