Take a sightseeing trip through the Orion Nebula in NASA’s latest travel video
One of the real pleasures of modern living is the ability to take sightseeing trips to completely inaccessible places. Thanks to Google, you can climb up Mt Everest without donning a single crampon, and thanks to NASA, you can speed through the birthplace of stars some 1,350 light-years away, all without having to leave your seat or even install Flash.
The Orion Nebula, which lurks just off the tip of the Hunter's sword in the famous constellation, is a star nursery. It might look like a blur in the sky next to fully-formed stars, but it's the place that new baby stars take their first steps into the world. Thanks to a new NASA video, you can get an up-close look at what you might see if you somehow flew a spacecraft through the Orion Nebula.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods for one main reason
- Samsung’s insanely good convertible wireless charger dropped to its lowest price ever on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Vikings-Saints game was so crazy, Apple Watches told fans they might be having heart issues
- Viral video supposedly shows a UFO hovering in the sky over Mexico
- Everyone is obsessed with a new Google app that uses selfies to find your fine art look-alike
Take a sightseeing trip through the Orion Nebula in NASA’s latest travel video originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 15 Jan 2018 at 16:20:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.