SpaceX is still riding high on a wave of public hype from its Falcon Heavy launch, but even as Starman sails through space the company is wasting no time in proceeding with its long list of missions. The company is prepared to launch the first of over 10,000 internet satellites today, after scrubbing its first launch attempt on February 21st due to high altitude wind shear. That was a bit of a disappointment, but SpaceX is giving it another go today, and the launch window opens at 9:17am EST this morning.
The mission will deploy a pair of SpaceX's high-tech internet satellites into orbit. It's the first step in an incredibly ambitious plan by the company to blanket the Earth in high-speed wireless connectivity. SpaceX calls the initiative "Starlink," and it will require nearly 12,000 satellites to be successfully launch before all is said and done.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best-selling wireless headphones on the entire Amazon site are just $35 right now
- This $80 smartwatch lasts for 4 months per charge and works with iPhones or Androids
Trending Right Now:
- Amazon just made shopping at Whole Foods even cheaper for Prime members
- Amateur astronomer witnesses something scientists have been waiting decades for
- All cryptocurrencies are crashing, and we have no idea why
Watch live as SpaceX performs its groundbreaking internet satellite launch after scrubbing yesterday’s attempt originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 22 Feb 2018 at 08:55:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.