Broadcom’s hostile Qualcomm takeover plans hit a massive wall on Monday: Trump. The president issued an order to block the $117 billion Qualcomm buyout, effectively killing what could have been among the biggest tech deals in history.
It all happened over national security issues, and it all has to do with Huawei, a giant Chinese corporation whose ties to Beijing are a cause of concern among intelligence agencies. The best part about it is that Huawei did nothing to block the Qualcomm deal. Well, other than advancing 5G technology development at a rapid pace.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a $92 smartwatch with 45-day battery life that supports both iOS and Android
- Amazon sale gets you a 1,000 watt multi-function pressure cooker for $80
Trending Right Now:
- This $10,000 3D printed house can be built in 24 hours and is bigger than a studio apartment
- Look how much hotter the Galaxy S9 would be if Samsung had stolen Apple’s notch like everyone else
- Neil deGrasse Tyson drops truth bombs on Flat Earthers, and it’s glorious
How Huawei forced Trump to block the Broadcom deal ever by doing nothing originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 13 Mar 2018 at 08:51:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.