Not only did Apple release a new iOS 11.3 beta version that includes the new battery health and speed throttle features, but it also revealed more details about its biggest scandal to date, the iPhone slowdown issue. The company issued an ample letter to Congress in which it explains the whole mess. One of the gems included in the letter is the fact that the iPhone X and iPhone 8 series won’t be slowed down when battery life starts sucking, which is obviously great news for anyone who currently owns either phone model and plans to hold onto it for more than a year.
BGR Top Deals:
- You’d have to be crazy not to keep one of these in your car
- The $26 home security cam that keeps selling out when we cover it is back on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy launch was a total success, except for the two things that went wrong
- Scientists say Earth’s atmosphere is raining viruses and bacteria down on the entire planet
- This is what Apple’s battery health ‘fix’ looks like
Phew: iPhone X and iPhone 8 won’t be throttled when their batteries get old originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 7 Feb 2018 at 09:18:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.