Apple has reportedly halted iPhone production for some two weeks at Wistron, one of the Asian suppliers that assemble the devices for the company, after discovering that that unauthorized components may have been used during manufacturing.
The components in question concern waterproofing the device, a report said, and they came from a supplier that Apple has not certified.
BGR Top Deals:
- Five different Nexus 9 models are on sale on Amazon today, starting at just $160
- Your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick will never buffer again with this $17 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- New LTE study shows T-Mobile and Verizon are the only networks that matter any more
- Galaxy S9 has a great feature no other flagships have, and you didn’t even know it was there
- Good lord, Android phone makers, please just stop
iPhone 8 Plus production halted after unauthorized components discovered originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 15 Mar 2018 at 19:16:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.