Sam’s Club last week hosted a special one-day early Black Friday sale, and we already know what the retailer has planned for the main shopping event of the holiday season. But, with more than a week to go until Black Friday deals arrive, Sam’s Club has one more trick up its sleeve: A special two-day sale that only covers Samsung gear. That means this year’s Galaxy Note 9 and S9 flagships, as well as plenty of Samsung TVs are getting hefty discounts.
The sale event starts on November 16th and ends on November 18th, so you have plenty of time to check out the deals and make up your mind. The discounted items will be available both in store and online.
When it comes to phones, Sam’s Club will get you the same $300 gift card it had on hand last week with every Galaxy Note 9, S9+, and S9 purchase, as long as you’re willing to buy the phone on an installment plan with one of the approved carriers. Check out all of Sam’s Club’s Samsung discounts below:
- $2,479 82-inch Samsung Premium UHD Smart TV (save $500)
- $1,579 75-inch Samsung Premium UHD Smart TV (save $400)
- $1,199 75-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV (save $300) – 3X cash rewards
- $979 65-inch Samsung Premium UHD Smart TV (save $200)
- $649 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV (save $100) – three years of warranty
- $729 55-inch Samsung Premium UHD Smart TV (save $100)
- $399 55-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV (save $80) – three years of warranty
- $329 50-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV (save $79) – three years of warranty
- $279 43-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV (save $50) – three years of warranty
- 32-inch Curved Samsung LED monitor (save $60)
- 32-inch Curved Samsung LED monitor (save $40)
Smartphones and Tablets
- $300 Sam’s Club gift card with purchase and activation of Galaxy Note 9
- $300 Sam’s Club gift card with purchase and activation of Galaxy S9+
- $300 Sam’s Club gift card with purchase and activation of Galaxy S9+
- Samsung Tab A 10.1-inch Android tablet (save $120)
Sam’s Club’s ad scans for the upcoming Samsung sale event follows below, and the deals are available at this link as well.
If you’re shopping for Samsung gear this holiday season like the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S9 smartphones, gorgeous Samsung TVs, Samsung PCs, or even accessories, then you should definitely check out Samsung’s Black Friday sale, which is already available online. All of the details were announced on Monday and while some of the bargains are mediocre, there are definitely a bunch of killer deals to be found.
Samsung posted its full Black Friday ad well ahead of the shopping event, and the best part about it is that its sales start much earlier than Black Friday or even Thanksgiving day. Here are some of Samsung’s discounts:
- $1199 75-inch Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV (2018) (save $300)
- $649.99 65-inch Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV (2018) (save $180)
- $599.99 58-inch Class NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV (save $50)
- $579.99 55-inch Class NU7300 Curved Smart 4K UHD TV (save $220)
- $519.99 55-inch Class NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV (save $180)
- $419.99 50-inch Class NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV (save $180)
- $349.99 43-inch Class NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV (save $150)
Smartphones and Tablets
- $949.99 512GB Galaxy Note 9 Sprint (save $300)
- $799.99 128GB Galaxy Note 9 Unlocked/AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint/Verizon (save $200)
- $639.99 64GB Galaxy S9+ Unlocked/AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint/Verizon (save $200)
- $639.99 64GB Galaxy S9 Unlocked/AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint/Verizon (save $200)
- $549.99 64GB Galaxy Tab S4 10.5-inch Android tablet with S Pen (save $100)
- $289.99 32GB Galaxy Tab S2 9.7-inch Android tablet (save $110)
- $279.99 46mm Galaxy Watch Silver Bluetooth Smartwatch (save $70)
- $259.99 42mm Galaxy Watch Rose Gold Bluetooth Smartwatch (save $70)
- $149.99 Gear Fit2 Pro Red or Black (save $50)
- $299.99 HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality Headset (save $200)
- $129.99 Gear IconX (save $50)
- $39.99 2-pac Fast Charge Wireless Charging Pad (save $60)
Laptops and Desktops
- $1199.99 Notebook 9 Pen 13.3-inch Windows 10 laptop (save $200)
- $599.99 Notebook 7 Spin Windows 10 laptop (save $300)
- $499.99 Samsung Chromebook Pro with Backlit Keyboard (save $100)
- $449.99 Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 64GB (save $150)
- $349.99 Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 32GB (save $150)
Remember to browse the full set of offers at this link, because there are plenty more deals to be found.
A few days ago we showed you a hot upcoming Sam’s Club deal that’ll net you a $300 gift card when buying the Galaxy Note 9 or S9 phones and activating them with select carriers.
That’s a great pre-Black Friday deal, but it’s hardly the only one worth considering. If you plan on buying several accessories to go along with your new Note 9 or S9, you should check Samsung’s brand new Starter Kit promo, which will give you the opportunity to save up to $300 on the bundle.
The deal is valid from November 3rd to November 17th, or while supplies last, and covers all of Samsung’s 2018 flagships, including the Galaxy S9, the Galaxy S9+, and the Galaxy Note 9.
The “Starter bundle” includes quite a few accessories: a rugged style cover, Dex Cable, Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand (Blue), and AKG Wireless Bluetooth Noise-canceling headphones.
The deal is especially worthwhile if you don’t already own wireless chargers or wireless headphones. Even the Dex Cable may come in handy. That’s because the Galaxy S9 and Note 9 are quite expensive, especially the new Note. Pricing starts at $719.99 for the Galaxy S9 ($839.99 for S9+) and $999.99 for the Galaxy Note 9. Even if you don’t need the new accessories, but planned on buying one of the three flagships this holiday season, Samsung’s deal is still worth considering.
You’ll have to purchase your phone of choice from Samsung.com, although you’ll get financing options for all models — this link will take you to the Galaxy S9/S9+ sale page, while the Note 9 sale and is here. Samsung also has a different promo that offers buyers up to $300 in cash, but that one involves trading in an old phone for a new Galaxy handset, and can’t be combined with the Starter bundle above.
Samsung’s Galaxy S10 phone will be something else, which must be good news to all the fans that didn’t appreciate the bland Galaxy S9 and Note 9 phones that were released earlier this year. The S10, meanwhile, is supposed to pack a few novel technologies, as well as a new design that should extend that Infinity Display all the way to the corners of the phone. We already saw a bunch of reports suggesting that the Galaxy S10’s screen-to-body ratio will be increased thanks to a brand new OLED screen design, and we have one more teaser from Samsung that the Galaxy S10 is getting a stunning screen design.
As you can see in the following image, shared on Twitter by long-time Samsung leaker Ice Universe, a device with an almost bezel-less screen is teased in the Galaxy Note 9’s Android Pie beta:
That’s an exciting placeholder image Samsung chose for that particular tutorial because no Samsung phone looks like that. All Infinity Display phones have significant bezels at the top and bottom, compared to the iPhone X phones.
Samsung a few days ago teased a notch-less all-screen design for the incoming Galaxy A8s that has a hole at the top, where you’d usually find variations of the notch on other devices. That’s the kind of screen that’s rumored to come to the Galaxy S10 next year, according to other reports. That type of design, however, doesn’t look like the phone Samsung used in the illustration above, as the hole is missing. The purpose of the placeholder image is to support next-gen Samsung phones, many of which are supposed to ship with bezel-less screens and run Android Pie right out of the box.
In other tweets, Ice Universe seemed to confirm last week’s report from Korea that said the Galaxy S10 wouldn’t have an iris sensor as previous flagships because Samsung is placing an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor under the screen.
Samsung is going to unveil the Galaxy S10 at MWC 2019 in late February next year, according to a report from Korea, so there’s plenty of time to learn more details about its design.
As for the Galaxy Note 9, it’ll be a while until it receives its Pie update. The Galaxy S9 phones should be the first to get the update at some point early next year.
On paper, the iPhone XR shouldn’t put up much of a fight against the Galaxy Note 9 when it comes to speed. After all, Samsung’s latest oversized flagship has 8GB of RAM compared to the iPhone XR’s paltry 3GB, but the internet won’t ever be satisfied with assumptions. Therefore, PhoneBuff on YouTube decided to pit the two 2018 phones against each other in a speed test. But does Apple’s “budget” phone even stand a chance?
As it turns out, the answer is yes: The iPhone XR does hold up, and surprisingly well, against Samsung’s monstrous flagship. In fact, even with less than half the RAM of the Note 9, the iPhone XR managed to race through the first lap of the speed test (which involves opening and operating a series of sixteen apps and games) nearly fifteen seconds faster than Samsung’s phone. After just a few seconds, it became clear the iPhone would win:
But the second round (in which the apps are opened in reverse order to find out which stayed running and which need to be restarted), the Note 9 managed to make up virtually all of the time it lost in the first round and end up in a virtual tie with the XR. The iPhone ended with a time of 2:38.33, while the Note 9 finished at 2:38.48.
This is a rather impressive display from the iPhone XR, which is packing the same A12 Bionic chip as the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Of course, it’s only one metric by which you can compare these two phones, but it should put the minds of cautious customers at ease if they’re worried about the XR’s performance.Finally, it’s worth noting that, after this test, the iPhone XR and Galaxy Note 9 are now tied for third place in PhoneBuff’s rankings.