Coinbase, the leading US crypto-currency exchange, has a problem. According to dozens of reports on Reddit and Twitter, the company has been making repeated unauthorized charges to some users' bank accounts, totaling tens of thousands of dollars in some cases.
The company confirmed the issue in a statement on Reddit, saying “we can confirm that the unexpected charges are originating from our payment processing network, and are related to charges from previous purchases,” a spokesperson for the company said on Reddit. “To the best of our knowledge, these unexpected charges are not permanent and are in the process of being refunded.”
BGR Top Deals:
- Meet the $40 accessory every single Apple Watch owner should have
- Rare Amazon sale on Bose’s first truly wireless earbuds will save you $50
Trending Right Now:
- Apple isn’t the only company that has problems with speaker design
- Your iPhone will crash if someone sends you this character, and there’s no way to fix it
- Solar storm expected to reach Earth today – here’s what you need to know
The US’s leading Bitcoin exchange is draining tens of thousands of dollars from users’ bank accounts originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 15 Feb 2018 at 17:53:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.