Tablet sales are plummeting, but Amazon hopes you’ll buy its new dirt-cheap models anyway
Amazon has unveiled a pair of new tablets today that, while we all know tablet sales in general are sinking like a stone, the company hopes might nevertheless still hold some appeal for casual, budget-minded buyers.
Amazon's newly announced Fire HD 8 tablet, for example, costs just $80 and sports an upgraded camera as well as hands-free Alexa. That's the same price as last year's model, but it comes with the addition of a 2MP front-facing camera that can handle 720p video, as well as either 16 or 32GB of storage with support for as much as 400GB more via a microSD card. The internal specs, however, are unchanged from last year's edition of the tablet.
BGR Top Deals:
- 7 paid iPhone apps on sale for free on September 6th
- Your phone can see anywhere with this crazy wireless camera, and it’s back down to just $30
Trending Right Now:
- The iPhone XS that Apple’s about to release might be more expensive than we thought
- Uh oh: Top insider isn’t convinced Samsung’s Galaxy S10 will feature a big redesign
- Anyone who upgrades from the iPhone X to the iPhone Xs will ‘lose’ $320
Tablet sales are plummeting, but Amazon hopes you’ll buy its new dirt-cheap models anyway originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 at 19:22:46 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.