When rumors of a Super Mario breakfast cereal began to spread earlier this week, I was fairly confident that everyone was being punked. Not that a Nintendo-themed foodstuff would be all that surprising (it's happened before), but I just wasn't buying it. Then, on Thursday morning, Nintendo published a press release confirming its existence.
Super Mario Cereal, according to the press release, will "take fans on a breakfast odyssey that will continue long after the cereal box is empty." This might sound like hyperbole, but Nintendo is serious -- once you're done with the cereal, you can use the box as an amiibo with your Switch to receive free items in Super Mario Odyssey.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
- Hurry: The Nest Thermostat is back on sale below its Black Friday price
Trending Right Now:
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
- Astronomers spot a planet so hostile they had a hard time believing it
- Google Assistant now recommends a plumber or locksmith, and it’s a disaster in the making
Super Mario Cereal is a real breakfast cereal that doubles as an amiibo originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 at 21:01:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.