Over the years, Apple executives have made their position on a hybrid iOS/Mac device incredibly clear, which is to say that they think it's a horrible idea. While Apple has certainly researched the feasibility of developing such devices, even going so far as to file a few patents for a touchscreen iMac a few years ago, it ultimately decided against bringing such a product to market.
Speaking on the matter, Tim Cook a few years back said that hybrid devices run the risk of offering consumers a subpar user experience on all fronts. "Because what that would wind up doing, or what we’re worried would happen, is that neither experience would be as good as the customer wants,” Cook explained. “So we want to make the best tablet in the world and the best Mac in the world. And putting those two together would not achieve either. You’d begin to compromise in different ways.”
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s celebrating Christmas Eve with a huge iPad Pro sale and 50% off a home cinema system
- Use Alexa to control nearly anything in your house with this $15 box
Trending Right Now:
- What happens when a Google Street View car meets a Bing car on the road?
- Every Xbox One and Xbox 360 game you can download for free in January
- The iPhone X is beating Android where it matters the most
Stunning MacBook Touch concept shows off the hybrid machine Apple will never make originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 at 12:57:14 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.