‘State of Decay 2’ is a shambling, repetitive mess
As I held down the button on my controller to open yet another chest of drawers in yet another abandoned house to collect yet another bag of supplies for my base, I realized State of Decay 2 was never going to turn the corner.
Back in 2013, a survival-horror management sim called State of Decay took Xbox 360 owners by surprise. Despite being one of the final titles published by Microsoft Studios for the last-gen console, the open world zombie game sold well and received praise from critics and consumers alike. So it was no surprise when Microsoft revealed a sequel for the Xbox One at E3 2016. Unfortunately, that sequel fails to recapture the magic of the original.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $20 cord-free earbuds, best Fire TV accessory, waterproof speaker, Crock-Pots, more
- Today’s top deals: Roku Sticks, Apple AirPods, $20 AirPods rivals, amazing massagers, $17 aviators, more
Trending Right Now:
- Wow, I wonder why AT&T and Verizon aren’t worried about that mammoth Sprint-T-Mobile merger
- Google might’ve just accidentally confirmed the Pixel 3’s design
- The most mysterious Android phone of the year is coming to Verizon and AT&T
‘State of Decay 2’ is a shambling, repetitive mess originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 17 May 2018 at 11:24:46 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.